Thursday, April 14, 2011

Long time no speak

Whooo...It's been a long time!

Things have been a bit hectic here in what I am now coming to call "Box City".  Originally I was going to be making a ton of Easter Corgi stuff, but after my hubby got the Maryland job, it has been a ton of packing and visiting relatives and taking care of Wisconsin stuff.  I really haven't got around to typing here.  Sorry about that.

Earlier this month I got to go to Maryland to get toured around by hubby's bosses (yes, multiple) and see parts of Baltimore as well as parts of his job.  More for him, of course, than for me, but it was still cool.  Baltimore should just be called the patchwork city.  It's a lot of good area bad area running into each other.  Thankfully, I get to live 10 miles away from work, and therefore out of the city.  If we were going to go with the original situation of living within walking distance of hubby's job, I think I would have had to have gotten one of those imitation grass pee pads for the dog for at night.  There is just no way that I could walk a dog in the middle of the night in the middle of the city and feel secure.  Eeep! (BTW, I don't have a dog yet, but hubby says that I shouldn't have to go another Christmas wishing for a corgi.  We shall see, no? :) )

We also got to tour the apartment that we're going to rent. Yay for not blind moving!  It's comparable in size to what I currently live in, but the ceilings are lower and it's not as open.  It gives it a smaller appearance without actually being so.  It's just something I'll have to get used to.   I will miss my garage, but at least there will be a small free storage unit and free parking.

These aren't pictures of our actual, ACTUAL apartment.  They were laying down hardwood floors that day and it's on the main floor, not a basement-esque one like this one.  I'm sure that having hardwood will be a lot easier to clean up corgi fur from than carpet!

While hubby was getting lab tours, I was left to entertain myself.  So I was left in the harbor area for about 4 hours and went to the aquarium.  I am so glad that I have a professional looking camera!  You have a little point and click and everyone is in your way.  You go in with a DSLR (Nikon D5000 Thank you wedding money!) and people get out of your way and think you have authority when you say something off hand.  I do not abuse said power, but it's pretty darn cool!

Sorry about the dolphin pics not being that clear.  I refused to flash any animals.

The next day we got up and essentially hoofed it around town dragging our rolling bags behind us because we had to check out at noon and our flight was at 4:30 pm.  That was interesting...

So with our flight, it was perpetually delayed.  We were supposed to get into MN around 9pm, we didn't get in until 11:30pm.  Also, we had to deal with connecting flights and right before we got to get into the plane, they decided there was not enough overhead storage (if people put their bags with their wheels towards the aisles, all would have fit) and had to check our bags.  Luckily I had the foresight to fish my camera bag out of my rolly suitcase.  After about 5 hours at Chicago's Midway airport, and finally arriving in MN, my bag was destroyed!  Thankfully they deemed it proper to replace said bag at no charge.  Luckily, I only lost one necklace out of that mess. 
(It's even better than the original!)

Thank you for putting up with photo spam,


  1. This makes me realize I never visited your current place. Oh well, eventually I'll have to come visit you guys in Baltimore!

    Ugh flying. there were a lot of people who had their bags last minute checked on my plane from Seattle to Chicago. Mine was squishy enough that they let me cram it in the overhead.

  2. I lived in downtown Baltimore for several months while working a temporary job assignment. I was in a highrise corp. apartment within walking distance of the Inner Harbor, which was convenient as long as there was daylight. One evening I cut it a little too close at dusk and got spooked by a shady character walking toward me. In my panic to get away, I tripped down steps carrying bags and lost much flesh on hands and legs. As I sat there bleeding and in pain, the dude just walked on by. Point of the story is that you made a wise choice not deciding to live in an area where you can't go outside at night - especially with a dog.

    Congrats on your new place!

  3. Eep! I'm definitely glad we didn't go to the Waterloo then!